Welcome to the 26th annual Bicycle Ride Across Tennessee (BRAT 2015).
Our Fall Tour is the original BRAT – a week long excursion through a different part of Tennessee each year. Your registration includes beautiful campsites, plentiful food, hot showers (shower truck included)
, live entertainment and a fully supported route.
Miles: 380-450 miles, depending on options
Host State Parks: Davy Crockett Birthplace, Warriors Path, Panther Creek and Roan Mountain State Park.
Daily mileage ranges from 50-85 miles on average.
September 13-17th, 2015
Click here to view the route as it currently stands.
- Sept 12th: Rider Check in at Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park
- Sept 13th: Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park to Panther Creek State Park
- Sept 14th: Panther Creek State Park to Warriors Path State Park
- Sept 15th: Warriors Path State Park to Roan Mountain State Park
- Sept 16th: Roan Mountain State Park to Carvers Gap/North Carolina line back to park or Rest Day
- Sept 17th: Roan Mountain State Park to Davy Crockett Birthplace State Park
Breakfast and dinner will be provided.
*Lunches are always on your own; please support the communities we travel through.
What to bring
The idea is to have a relaxing, enjoyable week of riding in Tennessee.
The key to that? Take care of as many of the details as possible beforehand.
In this section you’ll find pretty much everything you need to know to make your BRAT experience a great one.
What should I pack?
The “stuff” you bring to store your belongings should be waterproof and made of a sturdy material that will hold up throughout the week.
You are allowed two (2) bags per rider, and each bag should weigh less than 60 lbs.
The reason is any heavier and you will have trouble loading and unloading your stuff out of the baggage trucks!Pack light!
To ensure your clothing stays dry, pack clothes in large plastic bags, press them flat to remove extra air, then seal.
Also mark your bag in a way to help you find it among the other 500 bags.
Please no sharp edged straps or buckles on the outside.
For Your Bike
- Water bottles(or equivalent hydration system)
- Simple tools (tubes, tire levers, patch kit, etc)
- Short sleeve jerseys for the week
- long sleeve jerseys (for colder days or rain)
- Wind jacket
- Bike Shoes
- Shoe or toe covers
- Long pants
- Short sleeve shirts
- Long sleeve shirts
- Walking Shoes
- Hat and Gloves
- Rain Gear
- Warm jacket
- Towel and washcloth
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Lip balm
- Chamois butter
- Soap and shampoo
- Hygiene products
- Medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen, antacids and personal prescriptions
- Other -band-aids, calamine lotion and insect repellant
- tent and its rainfly
- Ground cloth for tent
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Camp pillow
- Flashlight (extra batteries and bulbs) or headlamp
- pocket knife
- Reading material
- Personal identification
- Something to put your dirty clothing in
- Earplugs for sleeping
Leave your tent and all the hassle behind.
Bubba’s PAMPERED Pedalers offers a deluxe service including a top quality Kelty tent with daily set-up and take-down.
A fully inflated thick air mattress inside the tent and a fresh-clean bath towel/wash cloth daily as well as a camp chair.
Free cold drinks and snacks in the Pampered Zone.
Baggage delivery to your tent.
You ride–Bubba does the rest.
For you it’s “No Bull–Just Bike” Complete details from BubbasPamperedPedalers.com
Cycling Logistics is a baggage transport service that caters to those cyclists participating in our supported tours who don’t mind putting up their own tent but still want the important amenities: coffee in the morning, cell phone charging, IceHole cubbies for your beverages and more. cyclinglogistics.com