In most instances, the turn signals are painted on the pavement close to the right shoulder of the road. The route markings in some areas may be placed on signs located on the right shoulder of the road when it is not permissible to paint the symbols on the pavement. They will be marked as follows:
The route will be marked on the road in the following manner:
- The first route marker will be 100 feet prior to the turn.
- The next route marker will be 20 feet prior to the turn.
- The third route marker will be 10 feet after the turn.
- Some turns, like those on downgrades, will have three (3) markers before the turn. The spacing will be 150 feet, 100 feet, and 20 feet prior to the turn.
- When there is a long stretch of road that does not have any marked turns, there will be a straight-ahead marker every five (5) miles to confirm you are traveling in the right direction.